The volunteer management system we use is called Give Pulse, to access it you will create a free account using your email. Please note, if you are a parent submitting an application for your child, create a Give Pulse account under their name and email.
To become a General Volunteer at The DoSeum:
- Complete and submit your application online. Please note, if you are a parent submitting an application for your child, create a Give Pulse account under their name and email.
- Complete required forms (these will be emailed after submission of application)
- Authorization Background Check Form (18+)
- Criminal History Minor Waiver Form (11- 17)
- Confidentiality Agreement Form (All volunteers)
- Volunteer Agreement Form (All volunteers)
- Complete an interview with the Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Attend required New Volunteer Orientation and Emergency Preparedness Training
Steps 1-3 must be completed prior to acceptance into the volunteer program and attending Orientation
New Volunteer Orientations and Emergency Preparedness Trainings are held one a month.
Please note, we reserve the right to decline volunteer requests.
Q. Are volunteers required to wear Masks due to COVID-19?
A.Yes, all volunteers are required to wear a mask or face covering during their shifts. Learn more about our reopening policies.
Q: Does The DoSeum allow individuals to volunteer who need to complete Court Mandated Community Service?
A: No, The DoSeum does not allow Court Mandated Community Service.
Q: Does The DoSeum approve hours for the Presidential Volunteer Service Award?
A: Yes, The DoSeum is a Presidential Volunteer Service Award Certifying Organization.
Q: What is the dress code to volunteer?
A: Physical appearance should be natural with no enhancements that may be inappropriate or scary for children.
- All volunteers are expected to wear a DoSeum Volunteer shirt*, Volunteer Purple Vest**, and/ or group/corporate logo shirt that identifies you as a volunteer during their shift.
- Appropriate pants are denim, khaki, or any colored pants. Capri style pants or shorts at or below the knee. No cargo pants.
- Comfortable enclosed shoes; No flip flops.
- Wear shirts without logos, if you do not own a DoSeum Volunteer shirt
- Please refrain from see-through/lace tops, spaghetti straps, and low-cut tops.
- Come well-groomed, showered with hair groomed.
- Tattoos- Visible body art or tattoos that are offensive or depict illegal activities are prohibited, no visible tattoos above the neck.
- Piercing-Limited to ears, no other visible piercing allowed.
- Clothing-neat and clean, no holes, rips, or tears.
Q: Are all volunteer applicants automatically accepted?
A: No, we reserve the right to decline volunteer requests. An application may be denied due to, but not limited to the following:
- Failure to complete the application process in a timely manner
- Falsifying any part of the application
- Applying for one-time service or for court-mandated hours
- Presenting a demeanor that does not foster a positive and welcoming learning environment
Q: Are cell phones or other electronics allowed during my volunteer shift?
A: Cell phones and other electronic devices (iPod, gaming systems, etc.) are not allowed when volunteers work in the galleries. They must be turned on silent and stored in lockers during volunteer shifts. If a phone is being used for alarm purposes, they may be allowed but volunteers are not allowed to actively use them in the gallery floors. Volunteers are welcome to access their phones during breaks.
Q: Is there specified parking for volunteers?
A: Parking for volunteers will be off on Brackenridge Ave, alongside the fence area and/or staff parking lot. Volunteers will also be dropped off in this area to proceed into the staff entrance. More details will be given during Orientation.
Q: Does a Parent/Chaperone/Job Coach have to be present for volunteer shifts and/or orientation?
A: All minors, ages 11-13 must be accompanied by a Parent/Chaperone always. There are designated Saturdays where a mentor volunteer will be able to accompany. It is required for Parent/Chaperone/Job Coach to attend Orientation.
Q: If I am volunteering, can a friend come with me on my shift?
A: Friends or family (who are not chaperoning) should not attend a shift with you unless they are approved to volunteer, by completing the required forms and process to volunteer.
Q: Are my children (under 11) allowed to come with me on my volunteer shift (Individual or Group)?
A: If you are volunteering, you should not have your children present with you. If you would like them to visit The DoSeum, they will need to come in with another adult and pay admission.
Q. What type of training is required to start volunteering?
A. Volunteers will be required to attend the New Volunteer Orientation, which includes our COVID-19 procedures, as well as our Emergency Preparedness Training before they are able to start volunteering.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator at email@example.com or 210-572-0635.